Honor (stylized and marketed as HONOR) is a smartphone brand owned by Huawei Technologies. As part of the Huawei Consumer Business Group’s dual-brand strategy, Honor provides smartphone handsets targeting young consumers but has released tablet computers and wearable technology as well.
History and business model
Founded in 2013, Honor’s line of cost-effective smartphones allows Huawei to compete with mid-range online smartphone brands in China and globally.
As of 2016, Honor sells its products mainly online through its own sites as well as via third-party online retailers. Some Honor products are available to purchase at stores in select markets. Honor offers smartphones at lower prices because the company saves money by operating online. Fans who join the “HONOR Club” receive further product discounts.
|Industry||Consumer electronics, mobile internet|
|Founded||2013; 7 years ago|
|Products||Smartphones, laptops, wearables, accessories|
|Revenue||US$50+ billion (including Huawei) (2018)|
Fitness tracker market has become quite aggressive, especially with the rise of affordable ones manufactured by Xiaomi and Realme. Honor Band 5i is one of the latest offerings from Huawei that is aimed to target the ever-growing cheap smart wearables segment in India. It is a pretty significant upgrade over the company’s last year’s Band 5 with a slight increase in price.
The Honor Band 5 was introduced at Rs 2,599, while the latest Band 5i was launched at Rs 2,999. However, it is now retailing at as low as Rs 1,799. Even though it is an upgrade, it does not bring any drastic change in the design. There is a similar body with a built-in USB connector in the watch. Much like other fitness bands in the market, it has basic features such as 24-hour heart-rate monitoring system, coloured display, SpO2 monitor, sleep tracking features and multiple sports modes.
We have been using the Honor Band 5i for quite some time now and here are our thoughts.
Built-in USB Connector for Easy Charging
An easily removable wrist strap conceals HONOR Band 5i’s USB Connector, which offers hassle-free USB charging without a dedicated charging cradle. Band 5i’s battery can survive on standby for a full week on a single charge.
24-Hour Heart Rate Tracking
Maximize and maintain workout intensity with HONOR’s TruSeen™ 3.0 heart rate monitor technology. Using AI-driven algorithms for high-precision readings and infrared technology, TruSeen™ 3.0 offers continuous heart rate monitoring, so you stay in the fitness zone longer.
SpO2 Monitor For Everyone
HONOR Band 5i’s SpO2 Monitor tracks oxygen saturation levels in the bloodstream so you can assess how your body is adapting during workouts or at high altitudes.
- Phone Finder
- Message Reminders
- Remote Picture Taking
Simply lift your wrist to field incoming calls, preview messages or take selfies and group photos. Misplaced your phone? No worries. When paired with your phone, the phone finder function will locate it instantly.
Honor Band 5i: Connectivity
You can install the Huawei Health app on your smartphone and connect the band via Bluetooth almost instantly. There is no need for you to check your performance on its tiny display; we rather liked it in the app.
The Huawei Health app is a plus point for fitness freaks. We were able to check and monitor everything on the app easily and get added information regarding sleep and sports activities.
Honor band 5i: Battery life
Honor says that the band can offer six days of standby time, and when we tried it, it stood by the claims. Its battery is decent and can last more than six days in a single charge.
Like Honor band 5, the Band 5i can also be fueled up with its removable wrist straps. But, as always the straps are tricky to remove and plug it in for charging. We were unable to figure out how to plug it in at first, and you might also experience the same.
Honor band 5i: Verdict
If you are new to smart wearables, then Honor Band 5i would be an ideal option for you as it does not have any complicated buttons or features. It can be set up effortlessly and paired with your smartphone via Huawei Health app in a few steps.
But if you’re thinking of buying a fitness band that’s worth the money then look somewhere else. Nothing is overwhelming about the band, and it offers almost all the basic features that are found in many similarly priced fitness bands like the Mi Band 4 which costs (Rs 2,299) and offers a similar experience.
In a nutshell, Honor Band 5i is a fantastic option only if you want a basic wrist band that can track your sleep, heartbeat and basic exercise. You shouldn’t expect additional features with it.
- 0.96-inch (2.43cms) TFT Color Full Touchscreen Display: Adjustable screen brightness, dynamic & vivid display; Home button control. Compatible with Android 4.4 or later/iOS 9.0 or later
- Scientific Sleep Monitoring: TruSleep allows sleep status recognition, collection and analyzing data
- Heart Rate Monitoring: TruSeen allows 24-hour accurate real-time heart rate monitoring and warnings. Connectivity Bluetooth 4.2
- Special Features: Multiple Watch Faces; Remote Control Camera (only available on Huawei/Honor EMUI 8.1 devices or later)
- Multiple Sports Modes: Supports Outdoor & Indoor Run, Walking, Indoor & Outdoor Cycling & Training Various Exercises Types
- 5ATM Water Resistant: 50 meters water resistant
- Long Standby Time: Standby time up to 6 days & saves time on frequent charging
- Daily Activities Tracking & Monitoring: Step count, calories burned, distance covered, moderate to high intensity activities duration & standing status, target setting & achievement reminder
- Smart Assistant & Notification Reminders: Stopwatch & timer; Find your phone; Alarm reminder (including smart & event alarms); Caller ID, SMS, e-mail, Weather Reports, Calendar & Social Apps
- For more Product Information or Support Kindly Contact_us on: [1800-210-9999]
- Country of Origin: China