Loosing your chats is one of the worst things that could happen. If you have faced this ever, you know getting back your chats is a difficult task. But it’s not 2010 anymore and WhatsApp has now put on a new procedure to get back your chats. There are different methods, but here are the important ones.
- Recover your chats on WhatsApp if you have accidentally deleted them
- WhatsApp chats can be deleted if you do not take backup
Restore from a Google Drive backup
In order to successfully restore a Google Drive backup, you need to use the same phone number and Google account used to create the backup.
To restore your backup:
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp and verify your number.
- When prompted, tap RESTORE to restore your chats and media from Google Drive.
- After the restoration process is complete, tap NEXT. Your chats will be displayed once initialization is complete.
- WhatsApp will begin restoring your media files after your chats are restored.
- If you install WhatsApp without any prior backups from Google Drive, WhatsApp will automatically restore from your local backup file.
A few important points to know:
- Your phone will store up to the last seven days worth of local backup files.
- Local backups will be automatically created every day at 2:00 AM and saved as a file in your phone.
- If your data isn’t stored in the /sdcard/WhatsApp/ folder, you might see “internal storage” or “main storage” folders.
Restore a less recent local backup
If you want to restore a local backup that isn’t the most recent one, you’ll need to do the following:
- Download a file manager app.
- In the file manager app, navigate to sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases. If your data isn’t stored on the SD card, you might see “internal storage” or “main storage” instead of sdcard.
- Rename the backup file you want to restore from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to msgstore.db.crypt12. It’s possible that an earlier backup might be on an earlier protocol, such as crypt9 or crypt10. Don’t change the number of the crypt extension.
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
- Tap RESTORE when prompted.
Simple, Reliable Messaging
Message your friends and family for free*. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection to send messages so you can avoid SMS fees.
Groups to keep in touch
Keep in touch with the groups of people that matter the most, like your family or coworkers. With group chats, you can share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once. You can also name your group, mute or customize notifications, and more.
Keep the Conversation Going
With WhatsApp on the web and desktop, you can seamlessly sync all of your chats to your computer so that you can chat on whatever device is most convenient for you.
With voice calls, you can talk to your friends and family for free*, even if they’re in another country. And with free* video calls, you can have face-to-face conversations for when voice or text just isn’t enough. WhatsApp voice and video calls use your phone’s Internet connection, instead of your cell plan’s voice minutes, so you don’t have to worry about expensive calling charges.
Security by Default
Some of your most personal moments are shared on WhatsApp, which is why we built end-to-end encryption into the latest versions of our app. When end-to-end encrypted, your messages and calls are secured so only you and the person you’re communicating with can read or listen to them, and nobody in between, not even WhatsApp.
Share Moments that Matter
Send photos and videos on WhatsApp instantly. You can even capture the moments that matter to you most with a built-in camera. With WhatsApp, photos and videos send quickly even if you’re on a slow connection.
Document Sharing Made Easy
Send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows and more, without the hassle of email or file sharing apps. You can send documents up to 100 MB, so it’s easy to get what you need over to who you want.
Say What’s On Your Mind
Sometimes, your voice says it all. With just one tap you can record a Voice Message, perfect for a quick hello or a longer story.